From the moment you realized that your son has a strong character, you also realized that he tests limits, and also your patience. The calm that you like to have at home simply disappears with his presence. With your son you have realized that there is another way of raising, that it has nothing to do with those parents who assure you that their children have a more “docile” personality. Your little one knows what he wants and how he wants it, he also knows what he does not want … and he will not settle for anything else.
As the parent of a strong-willed child, you may feel a certain envy of those parents who can raise their children without yelling or nerves, without threats or punishment. You envy that peace that they are supposed to have at home and you think you are the one who is doing something wrong in raising your little one. Nothing is further from reality. You’re not doing anything wrong, you’re doing the best you can.
Although you sometimes think that your child is exhausting, the reality is that it is the best blessing of your life. His character is strong and this will help him to be a successful person in the future, as long as you know how to enhance that wonderful personality that makes him so different from others … Don’t miss these truths that describe your little one!
- They know what they want and what they don’t want.
- They are passionate and don’t take NO for an answer.
- You have to negotiate everything and give him options so as not to run into an instant refusal.
- Many times you feel anxiety about his behavior and you would like to disappear … although later you know that you would miss him.
- You like to joke around with your partner and talk about which partner inherited the behavior from.
- The yelling and fighting at home starts early in the morning and you feel bad about it.
- Your child talks a lot, is impulsive and talks non-stop… has constant verbiage.
- You like to know that your son is not swayed by the masses, he knows what to do and when to do it, regardless of whether his friends do something different than what he has in mind… it is a blessing that he is not vulnerable to social pressure!
- It has made you mature and grow as a mother, but also as a person: it has taught you that you cannot control everything in life, and that there are things that simply must be accepted.
- You get angry when someone tells you that your little one needs a stronger hand.
- You know deep down that you are raising someone who is going to change the world, because he will go very far when he is an adult, he can achieve anything he sets his mind to!
- When he hugs you and tells you that he loves you or that you are the best mom in the world (although you get angry from time to time), you certainly know that you are doing well, or at least, the best you can at that moment … because it is your son who is teaching you to be the best mother to him!